The government’s position is contained in a statement released on Tuesday by the state’s Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Kingsley Fanwo.

The Kogi State Government has issued a strong warning to suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, stating that she will be held responsible for any violence that arises from her actions.
The warning followed the senator’s homecoming rally on Tuesday in defiance of the state government’s directive banning political gatherings and convoys.

The government’s position is contained in a statement released on Tuesday by the state’s Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Kingsley Fanwo.

Fanwo, in the statement, accused Akpoti-Uduaghan of attempting to incite chaos in Kogi Central Senatorial District, labelling her allegations against key political figures as “reckless, malicious, and utterly false.”

In particular, the state government dismissed Natasha’s allegation that the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, former Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello and the incumbent Governor, Ahmed Usman Ododo, were behind her ordeals.
Akpoti-Uduaghan had earlier claimed on her verified Facebook page that Ododo, Bello, and Akpabio should be held responsible if anything were to happen to her.
The government dismissed her claims, asserting that she was deliberately misleading the public to garner sympathy.
“This is yet another desperate and calculated attempt by an incurable liar and serial manipulator to mislead the public, incite unrest, and present herself as a victim after deliberately violating the ban on political gatherings imposed by the state government to maintain law and order,” Fanwo stated.
The government further alleged that her visit to Kogi Central was a planned attempt to stir violence.
“We will not allow any part of the state to go up in flames nor permit the killing of innocent souls by the actions of the suspended senator,” the statement warned.
According to Fanwo, Akpoti-Uduaghan deleted the controversial Facebook post after realising the potential consequences.
However, he claimed the government had already obtained a screenshot of the post.
The state government also criticised Akpoti-Uduaghan’s history of alleged disregard for laws, calling her a “security threat” to the people of Kogi State.
The statement accused her of orchestrating disturbances and defying security directives aimed at preventing breaches of the peace.
“She deliberately violated the state government’s ban on political gatherings, which was implemented to maintain peace.
“Instead of respecting the law, she chose to incite chaos, disregarding the safety and stability of the state,” Fanwo stated.
Furthermore, the government asserted that her accusations against Governor Ododo and other leaders were unfounded and intended to create controversy.
“She has once again proven that she has no respect for rules and the laws,” the statement continued.
The Kogi government reaffirmed its commitment to upholding law and order, stating that no individual, regardless of status, would be allowed to breach public peace with impunity.
“The people of Kogi State and Nigerians at large should see through her deceptive ploys and reject her attempt to manipulate public perception with outright lies,” the statement read.
The government also called on security agencies to take note of her alleged “reckless utterances and inflammatory actions” and to hold her accountable for any potential disturbances.
“Kogi State remains a peaceful state under the leadership of His Excellency, Alhaji Ahmed Usman Ododo, and we will not allow anyone to derail our commitment to peace, security, and progress,” the statement said.
It said, “The Kogi State Government will not be blackmailed or intimidated by the antics of a desperate politician who has built her political career on falsehoods. “We remain committed to upholding law and order and will take all necessary steps to ensure that no individual, no matter how highly placed, is allowed to breach public peace with impunity.
“The building tension and cloud of violence hanging on Kogi Central wouldn’t have been necessary if Natasha Akpoti Uduaghan had complied with the position of the State Government and cooperated with security agencies.
“She would be held responsible if her actions result in any violence in Kogi Central or any part of the state.”
You can get every of our news as soon as they drop on WhatsApp ...To get all news updates, Join our WhatsApp Group (Click Here)